CDC, the U.S. Food and Drug management (Food And Drug Administration), state and health that is local, along with other medical and general general public health lovers are investigating a nationwide outbreak of e-cigarette, or vaping, product use-associated lung injury (EVALI).
- That Which We Understand
- Exactly Just What CDC Recommends
- Key points about E-Cigarette Utilize, or Vaping
- Key points about Vitamin E Antioxidant Acetate
- Current Information
- Map of Reported Cases
- Epi Chart of Reported Hospital Admissions
- Just Exactly Just What CDC has been doing
Calendar alt icon Updated February 25, 2020, at 1:00 PM EST
- CDC, Food And Drug Administration, and state wellness authorities are making progress in distinguishing the explanation for EVALI.
- Crisis division (ED) visits associated with e-cigarette, or vaping, services and products continue steadily to decrease, after sharply increasing in.
- National and state information from client reports and item test screening show tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-containing e-cigarette, or vaping, services and products, especially from casual sources like buddies, household, or in-person or online dealers, are associated with most EVALI cases and play a role that is major the outbreak.
- Vitamin e antioxidant acetate is highly from the EVALI outbreak. Vitamin e antioxidant acetate was present in item examples tested by FDA and state laboratories plus in patient lung fluid examples tested by CDC from geographically diverse states. Vitamin e antioxidant acetate is not based in the lung fluid of men and women that don’t have EVALI.
- Proof just isn’t adequate to rule out of the share of other chemical compounds of concern, including chemical compounds in a choice of THC or non-THC services and products, in certain for the reported EVALI cases. Continue reading